Smarter Balanced testing will begin in late April for our 3rd through 5th grade students at Cascades.
We will do our best to make this as comfortable and natural a situation as possible for our students. There are some things you can do as well to make things go as smoothly as possible. Please consider these things as we approach testing time:
1. Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep before the tests, and eats properly the day of the test.
2. Make sure your child has taken any needed medication.
3. Work hard to make sure your child is at school during those testing windows. Children generally perform better when taking tests in the groups rather than at make-up time.
4. Get your child to school on time the days they will be testing.
5. Encourage your child to relax. Encourage him/her to do his/her best.
Home Study Area
Here are some helpful tips to create a home study area for your child from our counselor, Ms. Ryan. Home Study Area
Dates: May 5 - June 6, 2015
Day: Every Tuesday
Time: 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Where: Music Room
Enroll online or by
Cascades Summer School
When: June 22 – July 29
Meets: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Time: 8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
(For students entering 1st through 5th grade)
* Cost - FREE
* donations for supplies gladly accepted
Register: Online Registration
LBCC - The Incredible Years Parenting Class
When: April 7 - June 9
Meets: Every Tuesday
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
(For parents of children ages 2 years - 10 years)
* Free Class
* Free Child Care
* Hearty Snack
Register: Call 541.917.4899
May 20 - Last Day of Wednesday Academy
May 22 - Last Day of Math Interventions
May 28 - PTO Carnival
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
June 4 - B & G Club
CLOSED FOR SUMMER
June 5 - Early Release
Strawberry Festival -11:35 a.m.
Strawberry Junior Parade
June 6 - Strawberry Grand Parade
June 11 - Early Release
Last Day of School - 12:35 p.m.