Smarter Balanced testing will begin in late April for our third-fifth grade students at Cascades.
We will do our best to make this as comfortable and natural a situation as possible for our students. There are some things you can do as well to make things go as smoothly as possible. Please consider these things as we approach testing time:
1. Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep before the tests, and eats properly the day of the test.
2. Make sure your chld has taken any needed medication.
3. Work hard to make sure your child is at school during those testing windows. Children generally perform better when taking tests in the groups rather than at make-up time.
4. Get your child to school on time the days they will be testing.
5. Encourage your child to relax. Encourage him/her to do his/her best.
5th Grade Fundraisers!
April 20th - Coin Drive @ Cascades
April 25th - Car Wash/Bake Sale/Can Collection
Mega Foods 11am - 3PM
5PM - 9PM
20% of sales go to Cascades
Home Study Area
Here are some helpful tips to create a home study area for your child from our counsler, Ms. Ryan. Home Study Area
March 10 - April 21, 2015
Tuesdays 2:45 pm - 3:45 PM in Cafeteria
April 7 thru June 9 6PM to 8 PM
LBCC - The Incredible Years
Parenting Class ( for parents of children ages 2-10)
Meets Every Tuesday
Free Child Care
Call 541-917-4899 to register
April 8 - 6PM
PTO Meeting - Music Room
Guest Speaker: Gail York
Annual Title Service Presentation
April 13 & 14 - No School
May 7 3 - 4:30 PM - Cafeteria