We take safety and belonging very seriously. In addition to handling bias incidents swiftly and appropriately when they occur, we want to ensure that when they happen, we respond by improving awareness, training, and systems. Reporting those incidents is the first step.
We invite you to complete the LCSD Bias Incident Reporting form for yourself (if you are a victim) or on behalf of someone else (if you are a witness) of any bias incident experienced on Lebanon Community School District property or at school-sponsored events. You may report anonymously. If you provide your name, a supervisor will reach out to you to ensure the situation is handled well and that you are safe.
Examples of a bias incident could include:
- Name calling; using a racial, ethnic, or other slur to identify someone; using degrading language; telling a discriminatory joke
- Creating or sharing racist or derogatory graffiti or images/drawings
- Imitating someone with a disability or imitating someone's cultural norm or practice
- Assaulting, injuring, or touching someone in an offensive manner because of their perceived protected class
- Threatening to physically harm a person, their family, or their property based on their perceived protected class
- Displaying a symbol of hate, such as a symbol, image, or object that expresses hostility on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin; includes a noose, swastika, or Confederate flag